In our new series 20 Questions with Malu, New York-based writer, illustrator and creative guru Malu Edwards is catching up with tastemakers from across the globe to find out what makes them tick. First up: decorator, boutique owner and all-around Bahama mama Amanda Lindroth.
1. Favorite series to stream? The Durrells in Corfu.
2. Favorite city to work in? Anywhere with great architecture.
3. Favorite city to rest in? London.
4. Favorite color? White.
5. Favorite flower? Bougainvillea.
6. Favorite scent? Freesia.
7. Favorite design époque? Georgian.
8. Favorite poet, painter and composer? Emily Dickinson, Matisse, Beethoven.
9. Favorite gift you’ve received? My daughter, Eliza.
10. List five dream dinner guests (dead or alive): Winston Churchill, Renzo Mongiardino, Elsie de Wolfe, F. Scott & Zelda Fitzgerald.
11. A book you’ve read more than once? One Hundred Years of Solitude.
12. Your biggest personal achievement? Eliza.
13. Your biggest professional achievement? Island Hopping, my book.
14. You’re a new addition to the crayon box—what color would you be? Coral.
15. What kind of tree would you be? Travelers Palm.
16. If you could be any animal, which would you be? A puppy.
17. Three words your closest friends would use to describe you? Funny, optimistic, courageous…
18. Three words your frenemies would use to describe you? No idea!
19. The best design advice you’ve been given? Make it timeless.
20. Words to live by? Courage, faith, discipline, integrity.