1. To light your tree, string the lights from the top down, alternating between pushing them towards the interior of the tree and back out to the branches.
2. Keep zip ties and green floral wire on hand. We use these to secure fragile ornaments, to reshape a few lopsided tree branches, or securing light strands.
3. For your tree skirt, opt for a sheepskin rug or soft throw blanket.
4. You always need more lights than you think—some say 100 or more lights for every foot of tree, but we say go for 200 or more!
5. When hanging the ornaments, start with your largest and finish it off with the smallest. Keep the clear and frosted ornaments close to the lights to maximize your tree’s glow and glimmer.
6. There is a fine line between crass and chic for the holidays, but whatever your style is, just be confident about it and go with it! The only decorating I have ever seen that I am not into is when it’s only half done. Make a decision and make it happen!